Pastel love

It's been a while, huh? Let me tell you what's been going on first.  1. Exam period. Stress. Imagine what it does to a former ...

It's been a while, huh? Let me tell you what's been going on first. 

1. Exam period. Stress. Imagine what it does to a former obsessive nail biter ... not pleasant. My nails are recovering slowly and are almost ready for a fresh start. I'll start blogging regularly again when they're fully recovered and strong. 
2. Me and my boyfriend have started a photography "brand". It's not official yet, so it's not bringing us any money, but we're getting there. We're currently having as many photoshoots as we can so we can have a decent portfolio when we start officially. You can check our work out here and follow us here and here.
3. I got a job in a photo centre. I'm developing pictures and printing them on promo stuff. It's quite fun and it's something that I have interest in. It's not full time, I work as much as I can during Summer break and I'll continue working on weekends when my classes start again,


Sooo... now that I'm done with my excuses, let's get to my nails! They have finally grown a little, so I can shape and paint them. No big fancy nail art because my middle finger on my swatch hand is.. stuck in the process and still in need of some growing. :D I've decided it's time for some pastel colors and photograph my right hand this time. I've used these polishes before - they're lilacism and mint candy apple by Essie. Both opaque in 2 thin coats. I've used base and top coat by Essence cosmetics. 






Since I'm not a casual one-color-mani type of a girl, I needed to add something different. I've decided to play with different pastel polishes and make a gradient on my ring finger. I've made a simple pictorial for you with all the steps. You can read the instructions below the picture!


1. Prepare your nails - push bach the cuticles and apply one thin coat of base polish (I used Ultra strong nail repair by Essence cosmetics).
2. Apply white polish. Usually opaque in two thin coats (I used blanc by Essie).
3. Take a small piece of a sponge with your tweezers, dip it in a pastel polish of your choice and tap it on different areas of your nail.
4. Continue doing that with different polishes until all the white areas are covered. No need to wait for the polishes to dry - wet polishes will blend better (I used lilacism, mint candy apple, back in the limo, lovie dovie by Essie and 30474 blue polish by Claire's).
5. Take a small flat brush, dip it in acetone and clear the skin around your nail. Finish it all with a top coat and watch the blending magic happen :) (I used a quick drying top coat by Essence cosmetics).


That's all, folks! Thanks for sticking around. :)


post signature

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Meni tudi <3 pa tudi formula je res dobra - super se maže in barva je intenzivna!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images