The road so far

Welcome to my little blog, darlings! After almost a year of sharing pictures of my nails on Instagram and after reaching 1,000 followers ...

Welcome to my little blog, darlings!

After almost a year of sharing pictures of my nails on Instagram and after reaching 1,000 followers (which was my goal), I decided to start a blog. Why? Because I want to share more thoughts and post bigger and better pictures with detailed captions. I have learned so much about nail care, nail art and different techniques and I want to share it with you, maybe it will help someone else too. I'm not a pro, just a girl who likes to paint my nails a lot. I still have a lot to learn. :)

For this first blog post I decided to tell you something about me.
My name is Patricija and I'm 21 years old. I live in a small and beautiful European country called Slovenia. I'm currently studying to be a teacher someday because I love children and the purity of their minds. My other great love are animals, I co-own two dogs and a chinchilla. My goal is to adopt from a shelter someday when I get my own place. The more the merrier. :)



I always admired people with long nails because I've been a biter for my whole life and I could never get my nails to grow. I wanted to paint them and do different designs but everything just turned out ugly on bitten nails. So when I first got to a nail technician and got gel nails, I was in love. Seriously. I couldn't stop looking at them. But they lifted and broke very soon, leaving my natural nails in even worse condition. So to cover up, I went to nail technicians more often and spent a lot of money on nails that wouldn't last longer than two weeks. But during that time, my nails were fabulous because I finally had "canvases" for nail art!
After a terrible breakup last year I was really down and I needed to do something for myself, to cheer me up. So then it happened ... I bought a starter kit for doing gel nails and practiced, practiced and practiced. Soon my gel nails looked a lot like natural ones. I never filed my natural nails so much and they grew normally underneath the gel ones. I painted them every day with different polishes and developed my nail art skills. A few weeks ago I decided it was about time I stopped with the gel madness and with proper care my natural nails are now healthy and strong. I still do nail art when I need to get distracted or when I get inspired by random stuff. It's my happy place and I'm glad I found a new passion. It's awesome to see how I've improved and it makes me keep on going. :)

Join me on my nail journey! I'll be posting pictures of my nail art, swatches, reviews, tutorials and some other thoughts that will cross my mind. :)

Much love,
Patricija

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images