Tutorial: Neon tribal nails

A week ago I did a simple neon manicure with tribal print, which is just perfect for Summer (well, the Summer we all remember, not that rai...

A week ago I did a simple neon manicure with tribal print, which is just perfect for Summer (well, the Summer we all remember, not that rainy period we're having now). Here's a step by step tutorial!

Used products:
- Grow Stronger by Essie
- White Colorama by Maybelline
- off to miami! and cotton candy by Essence cosmetics
- Matte top coat and Jelly top coat by Aura
- black acrylic paint
- thin brush
- dotting tool


Step 1:
Paint your nails with a base coat. I'm using Grow Stronger by Essie because I've read so many good reviews. I must say I haven't had any big breaks since I started using it and my nails are recovering from gel amazingly. I applied 1 coat.


Step 2:
Choose the nails you're going to paint with neon polish. Apply 1 coat of white polish on them. White as a base makes neon colors really opaque and bold. I'm using white Colorama polish by Maybelline because it's coming to an end so it's a little dry and I also don't like to use it alone - it's milky and to make it opaque I usually have to apply at least 3 coats. But it serves just fine as a base.


Step 3:
Apply your chosen polishes. I chose off to miami! by Essence cosmetics as a neon color and I applied 2 coats. For the tribal base I chose a beautiful peachy nude also by Essence cosmetics - cotton candy. I applied 3 coats.


Step 4:
When everything completely dries it's time to paint the tribal print. You will need a thin brush, dotting tool, black acrylic paint and some water. I'm using a cheap nailart brush I trimmed by myself to make it thinner. You can get a dotting tool in a local drug store, I got mine in 1 € shop. Before working with acrylic paint you should mattify you nails because it's easier to paint on matte nails. I applied 1 coat of Matte top coat by Aura, but you can also hold your nails over steam for a few seconds. Even if you decide to paint on non-matte nails, use your regular top coat because you can easily remove mistakes with a cotton bud and some water without damaging your polish. Add a drop of water to your acrylic paint and dip your brush in water before painting to make the lines thinner. You can make lines, dots, squares ... anything you want. Be creative. 


Step 5:
When you're done painting, wait for acrylic paint to dry and apply a shiny top coat. I used Jelly top coat by Aura, 1 coat.


You're done! Take your nails on Summer adventure and show them around. :)


If you decide to recreate this look, don't forget to upload it on IG and tag me #ticinails so I'm able to see your beautiful nails!

Love, 
Patricija

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images